Friday, July 5, 2013

THE FASHIONISTA MURDERS--how Kate and the photographer meet



Kate dropped her suitcase at the curbside check-in and fumbled her way through security. With her dazzling mane of red hair flying in ten directions, she made the mad dash for the gate. It was just about to close when she arrived out of breath.
 
When she stepped into the cabin only one seat was left in First Class. The serious pair of lips belonging to the grey-blond man in the adjoining seat broke into a grin as he rose to help, but she had already thrown the bag into the overhead bin.
 
The stewardess slammed the lid shut, and Kate squeezed down beside him, returning the grin and taking his outstretched hand. With the other hand she slipped the laptop under the seat.
   
“Monsieur le Photographe, I presume.” She hoped her French didn’t sound too ridiculous.
   
“I’m glad you made it on time, m’amselle,” he replied. “I’ve heard you are quite a swimmer. If we happen to go down, I expect you to save my life, marry me, and promise we’ll live happily ever after.”
  
 Give the guy credit—he certainly knew how to pour it on when it came to introductions.  
 
“Applications for my services are now being accepted,” Kate said, trying to match his absolutely straight face. “It would help if you had a nice ham and cheese sandwich to accompany yours. Otherwise, you don’t stand a chance.”
 
He chuckled. “Speaking as a fellow extortionist, I have a more sophisticated scheme in mind. Let me know when you’re prepared to listen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment