Friday, January 3, 2014

DO YOU KNOW WHAT I'M THINKING?



   “Do you know what I’m thinking?” she asked, those soft brown eyes turning to look into mine.
  
   “I’m wondering if it’s what I’m thinking,” I replied.
   
   “I’m thinking I’d like to spend Saturday with you.  I’d like to drive you around the City in the morning, showing off all the sights my rather opinionated husband failed to mention. Then I’d like to drive you through our lovely suburbs and stop in the thick of those rolling country estates and have lunch at this romantic country inn.”
    
  She paused, waiting for my reaction.
     
  “So what do you have in mind for the afternoon?” I asked.
    
  “Let’s wait and see what happens in the morning,” she said, looking up at me. That was when I discovered how wide her smile was.  And how wet her lips seemed.
   
  “I think it’s a wonderful idea,” I said.

From THE VIEW FROM WALDEN PARK.

No comments:

Post a Comment